Nathaniel's Blog

A random collection of ideas, insights, and inspiration.

Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Friday, July 23, 2004

Venture Capitalists - a list

while doing a little research today, I came across a large listing of venture capital firms. You can find a similar list in a lot of places, but this one seemed especially nice given the consolidated list of links and brief descriptions. Check it out here.

Somehow seeing this list reminded me of my first encouter with venture capital firms, back in 1996. I was just graduating from grad school (for the first time) and thought it might be interesting to get into venture capital. Kleiner Perkins had just raised their java fund, and had a very fancy website with discussions of keiretsu. I had done some Java programming, knew absolutely nothing about venture capital, but becuase everyone seemed to be hiring at the time, well, I thought it was a natural fit. I sent them a cover letter and a resume. I am still waiting for a response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home